Monday, June 7, 2010

Pregnancy Hiccup

A pretty scary thing happened last Wednesday (June 2nd). The day before, I couldn't sleep because my abdomen and back were cramping. Work and piano teaching the next day was pretty painful. I thought it was my back pain returning from the accident five years ago, so I went wading in the pool, which made it much worse.


The obgyn on-call sent us to the labor and delivery wing of the hospital to make sure they weren't contractions. After hooking me up, the monitor showed they were contractions. They were one minute apart for awhile. It felt to me like my abdomen was slowly hardening into a shell. I asked if this was Braxton Hicks; they said no, this was certainly not normal.


The contractions continued for a couple of hours, until they gave me a few shots to get rid of the contractions. Man, did it make my heart race! I felt like crawling up the walls. Then I got to go home. With contractions continuing into the morning (Thursday), I called in sick.


The coolest thing is that we already had plans for my mom to visit my sister and I for a week, so she arrived that afternoon to take care of me! Talk about great timing. She's been here ever since yesterday.


Friday, we saw the doctor, who put me on *du-du-dum* bed-rest until further notice.


So I want to give a shout out to all the people who have to stepped in to help. My mom; my niece, Sara, my RS president; Cami and Mike who shared Mom with me; my other sisters and mom-in-law who have called in; and most of all, Jared.


Jared has also worked night and day this weekend to finish framing a room of the basement downstairs. This is so we can move the office equipment downstairs so we can start on the nursery upstairs. Since we thought we had ten weeks left, we hadn't put it at the forefront of our minds. But the way things are going, we've decided we'd better hustle!

No comments: