Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ender's Shadow




Ender's Shadow (Shadow Series, Book 1)
Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card


My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars
(I like the first book cover better but I can't get the 2nd off.)
What can I say? I'm a nut for sci-fi. This book has a parallel storyline to the original book, Ender's Game, which is a cult-classic, doomsday, children-fighting-against-the-universe, story. In my opinion, it was even better than Ender's Game. Card managed to tie this plot of this parallax seamlessly into the original novel (Ender's Game). This version enriched what was already there. I loved the thinking that went into this character (Bean). He has a totally different way of viewing things than Ender. I can empathize with him and cried. FYI, the beginning's is pretty harsh, but it's the reality of the story. I can't wait to get through the rest of the Shadow series (which are not parallels, FYI). Just remember when you're reading that "the gate is down." :) Ah, I'm a nerd.


View all my reviews.

No comments: