Wednesday, May 6, 2009

End of Spring Semester


Whoopity-doopity, I'm done with this semester, and with a 4.0 no less! To end it with a bang, I sang with my choir on TV at the graduation ceremony.

To make it better, Thomas S. Monson, the President of the LDS Church, was there to receive an honorary doctorate in Public Services. So I got to see him live, plus he might have even seen me since we were singing! Here's a link if you want to see what he said. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705301029,00.html
I had so much fun this semester! Teaching Art for Elementary Teachers was actually really hard for me, but rewarding.
Here's an art-food thing I did, the orange-man, not the sausage:
Here's another project I did based on Van Gogh (it's supposed to be chinese lanterns outside with a lawn table and a cherry tree branch; I feel like a 1st grader having to explain my drawings):
Want to hear some more excellent news? I found out Monday that I was given the Beverley Taylor Sorenson full-tuition scholarship. That means I'm covered tuition-wise not just this fall, not just the 09-10 school year, but until I receive my teacher licensure (probably fall 2010). Can you believe it? The scholarship is specifically for elementary ed majors with a specialization in one of the arts (music, dance, theater, etc.). This is a huge achievement. It took a long time for me to figure out what I wanted to do, but it was worth the wait, because I have so many useful experiences under my belt and I'm more motivated than after I first graduated from high school. And it's so funny, because if you had asked me eight years ago, I would have said teaching would be the last thing I'd want to do.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo proud of you!!! Keep up the good work :)

Rasheta Family said...

I am really proud of you Kim. You will be great at it! Congrats on the scholarship.

Julianne said...

Congrats! That is a lot of great news and achievements. WAY TO GO!!!

Brenda said...

What a scholar you are! I am impressed with your elementary art projects. I bombed mine! (I taught 6th grade and 3rd grade before I got married.)

Unknown said...

Kimberly, I'm so delighted! Knew you had it in you.... I love your art, and I wish I'd had classes like that. The best news is that you are having fun. Mom

Shayla said...

you are SO creative!! Congrats :)