
So, we had the Christmas dinner party tonight for our ward. I played some songs, including "Grown-Up Christmas Wish" for a sister named Kaitlynn and "Three Kings," from The Forgotten Carols for one other guy named Mike. The both had come over today to rehearse the songs. Mike had this an amazing tender tenor voice. I told him how nice it was to accompany for someone who could really sing like he could, although he admitted the song was a little low for his range. We threw some ideas around but Mike mostly deferred to me. When we finally performed that night during the dinner party, it ended up sounding so beautiful, I got a little teary during the dinner party. After performing, he patted me on the back and commented on how well I had done, which made me feel better because I was nervous from playing for the first time in front of my new ward members.
I left the ward party early to catch SUU's symphony concert, which was great. By the time I got home, Jared was home from having to work in St. George. So we talked about each others' day, and I mentioned the people who sang. He asked me to repeat Mike's full name again. I repeated it, asking if he knew him. Yes, he had given Jared a special presidential commemorative coin for the Department of Human Health Services for giving his office a free copier.
Wanting to make sure I was talking about the right person with that name, he found a picture of him on the internet and pulled it up. "Yeah, that's him, that's Mike Leavitt." And it hit me that the former governor of Utah and former cabinet member for the Bush Admin had been in my house, taking my lead. wow.
2 comments:
good to see you blogging again! You are a busy girl!
WOW!!! crazy.
Post a Comment