Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tour of the House

This was written around the beginning of December. Then my first trimester hit me like a brick wall, and I haven't touched my blog since then. Enjoy!

For anyone who still might not know, Jared and I are going to have a baby!!! I found out during the last week of fall semester, so you can imagine how distracted I was, which is my excuse why I got got all As except one B+. I feel more reassured that Jared and I are now in our own home, that Jared's job is more secure, and, most of all, that my back and neck have improved a lot and I'm on medication that is safe to take while pregnant.

So Thanksgiving had come and gone and I was still "late." So I took a test, which showed not pregnant. But I was still late a week later, so I took another test and this time there was a very faint line showing pregnant, but the control window was faded and not completely filled out. Huh?
So I told Jared over the phone about it (he was in St. George working), and he thought I was already saying that the test was positive, and he was so excited. But I told him I was going to stop by my OBGYN's and get another test. The whole time I was waiting I kept thinking, "I must be making such a big deal out of nothing. Don't get yourself all excited, Kim." But the nurse came back with the faintest of faint lines on the test, saying I was pregnant! They decided to count it as six weeks along, but it's possible I'm less weeks than that because the line was so faint.
I told Jared over the phone. I was so excited, it didn't even cross my mind to think of some creative way to say it that night over dinner or even wait more than a minute to tell him. He kept saying, "Six weeks? Six weeks!" I told him I only wish I could have seen his face. So in response, he sent me this picture: So our first checkup & ultrasound will be January 6th, and did I mention we're so excited?
During the first weeks I knew I was pregnant, I didn't feel anything weird, except having such dry skin I developed a rash across my chest, back, neck, and scalp. I've never had a rash before, so we have to attribute it to the baby. That and I had one crazy day of emotional hormonal insanity. Oh, and a general aversion to food; I wasn't nauseous; it's just that nothing seemed appetizing enough to get up *sigh*, take it out of the box *groan*, and eat it.

Now that I'm further along, I get nausea, which gets exponentially worse if I don't eat something right that minute. Heaven help me if I'm actually hungry.

The biggest problem I've had is being so TIRED! The other day, I went to bed @ 10:30, exhausted, woke up @ 5:00am (6-1/2 hours), went back to bed at 7:00am, and slept until 1:30pm (another 6-1/2 hours). When Jared woke me up with a phone call, I was still so tired I was literally shaking! Thank goodness this hit during my Christmas break.

I only hope the symptoms will lessen by the time school starts next week, that really has me worried! I had all these plans this break of studying for the Praxis exam, but I'm lucky if I survived the day without a three-hour nap in the middle of it, so I've hardly gotten anything done!


By the way, to celebrate the end of finals, Jared and I went to Off The Cuff, a local improv show. It's like "Who's Line is it Anyway?" but I call it TV for ADD viewers. I love trying to think of all the paths a scene can take and always being surprised.
It's so much more fun than watching a stupid show full of filler and cliffhangers just to keep the series going for as many seasons as possible.
But IMPROV is all about finding unexpected resolutions and opening up possibilities in a story. So it's always super-fun.





Last note: Jared and I spent a few hours making a video to tour the house and putting it together in Vegas Movie Studio, but now I can't open it, so the grand opening is postponed once again until Jared can get home & do his tech stuff.

I gotta say we love our house to bits though. It has been so fun hosting events. First, for Thanksgiving, we had my sister's family over (Cami, Mike, & Sara). Then for Christmas we had Jared's parents (Rob, Phemie, & Granny). I don't think there's anything more fun than having people over and making a fabulous meal for them, just knowing your friends are comfortable and having a pleasant time at your house.

No comments: