Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring Semester

Here's what's happened since my last blog was written (Dec 4th, although I posted it just today). Jared and I had our first prenatal visit January 6th (lucky Shayla's birthday). Instead of 10 weeks like they had said, we found out I was only 8 weeks. We discovered this when the ultrasound showed a peanut and not a 10-week-old fetus. Well, it's our peanut! We could see the heartbeat, too! Pictures to be posted soon!

I'm now twelve weeks along and had another checkup yesterday. I didn't bring Jared because it was supposed to be just a routine checkup. Then Dr. G did a microphone-ultrasound thing to hear the heartbeat, which we haven't gotten to hear before. So I call Jared (who was in St. George) right then so he could hear the heartbeat, too. It was this wahk, wahk, wahk sound, but it was super fast, 167 beats/minute. Someone told me that means it's a girl because girl's hearts beat faster. I have a feeling it's a girl, too. I have to admit I've been wanting a boy, though. The thought of an fearless and adventurous boy running around the house tends to waylay the feeling of anxiety I feel as a first-time mom. Plus a big brother to watch over the little girls is a good idea, right? But I'm starting to warm up to having a girl. She'll have her daddy to watch over her, and I'm sure Jared will be wrapped around her little fetal finger.
My fatigue didn't get much better after school started in January, but I'm somehow still in school full time w/ two jobs. So getting it all done has taken a monumental effort. NO ONE could have prepared me for how tired I've been. January was the month of gagging, too. I couldn't brush my teeth or even say the words "prenatal vitamin" without gagging. Normally though I wouldn't actually throw up, which is good, right?

*Dream corner: So almost all of my dreams since the first month of pregnancy have been about houses, and I usually never dream the same dream twice. It's usually a new huge house we've just bought that's too big for us, and we're remodeling and preparing to have people live there. Once we bought a house then discovered my dad & stepmom lived across the street; I spent the rest of my dream scrambling to flip it. Haha! But most of the time they're huge luxurious houses and I keep thinking to myself, "Did we really need a house this big? It's so empty. Oh, well." and start decorating or landscaping. I know, wierd.
But last night I finally dreamed something different. My baby was born. Actually I dreamed I was about to give birth, then they knocked me out and I woke up with the baby in my arms, which annoyed me, cuz I I missed the whole giving-birth part.

Oh, one more thing: when I told the girls in church I was pregnant during our traditional "good news minute," three other girls announced it as well, making the total number of pregnant women in our ward 27 at the time. One score and seven!!! The diva in me does not want to share the spotlight, but it's nice to know they're all going through the same thing.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! You've got a lot goin' on this semester! I just got home from Idaho Falls, where Kelly had baby #2, Emelia Grace...aka Emmy. Baby girls are pretty sweet:)