Monday, February 16, 2009

Rebekah - Orson Scott Card

Rebekah: Women of Genesis Rebekah: Women of Genesis by Orson Scott Card


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
This is the 2nd book in the "women of the covenant" series Card wrote, and yes, I got this book for Christmas, too.

This book was quite a bit too drawn out for me. The first book, Sarah, got a little slow near the end, but Rebekah could have had a much better pace than what was given. I appreciated the details put into the characters and relationships, how Card tried to be authentic & give the best interpretation with the research he had. He put the plot together seamlessly. I got really sick of Abraham's character by the end of the book, though. I could understand that even prophets have their own personal demons, so to speak, but it's hard to see people you hold up to such high expections be so pigheaded when it comes to their family. So if you don't like to see prophets in an imperfect light, this isn't for you. I'm interested to read the last book in the series. (I'm guessing it's called Rachel but I don't have it.) It's just out of curiousity though. I can't stand not reading a whole trilogy, unless it's something I hate. I didn't hate this, so I'll try to check the last book @ the library.


View all my reviews.

No comments: