Treasure Island by Robert L. StevesonMy review
rating: 2 of 5 stars
This book was given to us in my Reading for Teaching Elementary class. It wasn't required reading, but the teachers gave us each a free copy to add it to the library we'll have to provide for our class once we're teaching. We had been talking about trying to get kids interested in the classics.
This book was ingenious for its time, I'm sure, but because of its old language use, I don't see how it could be anything for kids younger than middle-school age. It's just too hard to decipher the old & complex way of speaking back then. I'll keep it on my shelf in case kids want to read it. Who knows? Maybe some 5th grader will surprise me. But I won't blame them if it doesn't happen; I had a hard time myself trying to follow many vague & archaic passages in the book.
Although I didn't enjoy reading it because of the way it was told and the laborious pace it was told in, it had a pretty good ending.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment