Sarah: Women of Genesis by Orson Scott CardMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
I got this book for Christmas, too (seven books in all). It's about Sarah from the Old Testament, wife of Abraham, and it's the first of three books about the wives of Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob.
I loved reading about the different cultures of the time, the different ways of thinking and how original this new religion was that Abraham brought. A religion where the god doesn't even have a name that's spoken aloud, a god with no image to represent it. I also enjoyed how these imperfect characters worked with what they were given in life. I have a new appreciation for the women who brought to pass the covenant given to Abraham, that his seed would fill the whole earth. She seemed to have been a remarkable & revered women of her day. By the by, this is an LDS author, but it's written for any faith to understand.
View all my reviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment